Hand Therapy Services
Hand therapists assess, diagnose and treat a wide variety of conditions that affect clients’ upper limbs – specifically the elbow, forearm, wrist, thumb, hand and fingers.
Our clinicians are registered physiotherapists and occupational therapists who undertake intensive post-graduate study. This, plus ongoing professional development and training, gives us advanced, expert skills in managing conditions of the upper limb.
Hand and upper limb conditions we commonly see:
- Sporting injuries
- Nerve conditions
- Post-surgical conditions
- Work-related injuries
- Burns and plastics
- Congenital conditions
- Accumulative trauma
Hand therapy services we provide
- Splinting and casting
- Fitting of off-the-shelf orthotics and splints
- Manual and manipulative therapy
- Wound management
- Scar management
- Oedema management
- Pain management and desensitisation
- Strengthening and rehabilitation programmes
- Functional assessment and rehab
- Ergonomic/workplace assessment and advice
- Sensory testing and retraining
Note there is a co-payment for all ACC treatments.